Yesterday I visited school for the first time since I started my maternity leave. The kids were so excited to meet Amelia. They even sang us a very clever song they wrote in music class. It was really very touching. Amelia happily slept through the whole event in her carrier, which is probably a good thing because it would have been a little overwhelming to see a crowd of energetic six year olds oohhhing and ahhhhing at her. She woke just in time to socialize in the staff room during lunch.
It was nice to see friends and familiar faces. Several people asked how it was going and my response was, "Becoming a mother is the best thing that has ever happened to me." It's true. I ahve always though my sister (sorry, Jenny) was crazy for having four kids...especially in this economy. But now that Amelia is in our lives, I can totally undersatnd where she was coming from. Becoming a mother makes you a better person and fills you with an indescribable love. This love is not just for your child, but also for your partner. I have seen Jim in a new way and it suits him! I cannot imagine our life without Amelia. I know it existed - this blog is proof of that! But, life is much sweeter now that she is here. So, we have a new sense of normal that is Amelia Renee.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.