Jim managed to organize a surprise ceremony and celebration with our neighbors and friends. He had everyone doing something and they all managed to keep everything a secret! I had no idea!
I was tricked into a play date and then a walk, which ended up at our community club house. I saw a banner from afar and even said, "Hey, there's a party. Let's go see if they have cake." We walked through the gates and I was stunned to see everyone sitting in formation, ready for my commencement to begin. Of course I immediately burst in to tears as Jim said, "Liz this is for you...Happy graduation." Next thing I knew I was suited up with a cap and a gown that I couldn't figure out how to put my hands through - how I managed to get a Master's remains to be explained!
Jim had organized every detail in a way that totally blew me away. It was so touching to see how much he cared about making something he knew was so important to me a big deal. I guess that is why he is my best friend, husband, father to our child, and the man I share this blog with! It seemed that there was one surprise after another - even a card shower from loved ones at home. (Thank you family and friends for being there in spirit!) A special thank you also to Tessa for helping to set-up and decorating and to my sister-in-law, Margaret, who created Super Liz posters!
Here is a video our neighbor shot (thanks John!) and passed on to us. You can tell I had no idea because I am pretty much wearing sleep wear...I was tired after a staff vs. students soccer match.
Liz this is AWESOME! Congratulations on the MA and all the best!
ReplyDelete