Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Few Recent Favorites...

Jim has most of our photos on his computer and he is in the midst of marking, marking and more marking so I will share a few recent favorites that I have snapped with my iPhone. It has been a while since there has been a proper Amelia update and now that my course work is finished, I have no excuse!

So what's new and exciting in our parenting adventure? Well, we are having a wonderful time with eating. I cannot say enough good things about Baby Led Weaning. I am so glad that we went this route. Amelia really does know how much she needs and when to stop. It is really remarkable how well she is eating and willing to try anything, especially since she is in control. She hasn't really refused anything, but definitely shows preferences. It has also been easier to feed on the road because she eats what we do. I don't have to cart along a bunch of jars, etc. Once the marking slows down I will hijack Jim's computer and do an "Adventures in Eating" photo blitz.

Amelia has been sitting up on her own for quite some time. She is starting to shift a bit on her belly, but crawling appears to be a ways off. Who knows though, every week brings something new and exciting. She now plays peek-a-boo and gives open mouth kisses randomly. She is the happiest little monkey and squeals with delight when I come through the door after school. I cannot wait to have all summer at home with her and Jim. The infant life jacket has been ordered and the kayaks are calling! She is going to love life on the bay. We fly home on June 10th and will make our Cedar Rapids debut on July 7th. Hopefully we can connect with lots of you!


And now for the photos...


I didn't even have to pose this one!



Amelia testing out the backpack before our trip to Yogjakarta.


Can you say, "Royal Wedding?"


Enjoying bits of apple in the Yogjakarta airport











No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.