Sunday, April 24, 2016

And So It Begins...


I am tired of being a "clutter person," who's piles keep growing taller. I am tired of always searching frantically for the things I need because I don't give them a clear home. I am tired and need a change. So I did what I usually do, I turned to a book for help. The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing by Marie Kondo has truly been life-changing. I have just started this process, but can tell you that her advice gives you a completely different perspective on the stuff that surrounds you. If you are like me and want to free up some space in both your home and you mind, give it a read. 

Unfortunately, I did not take before pictures, but wish I would have. Amelia and Bryce's dressers have been an ongoing battle of me: folding, stacking and pulling out and tumbling. One simple thing is to fold in a different way, so the clothes stand up, and don't fall over when things are taken out. You can see everything, so there is no need to fumble through it, and you fit so much in one place. It even works in a suitcase. To learn how to fold this way, watch this video. It has even made folding more enjoyable, which I never thought I would say. 

I am slowly working through my clothes as decluttering is the first stage and it is not a process to be rushed. I will report back with progress of how it is going. 

Amelia's clothing drawer - what an improvement!



What do you want to wear today Bryce? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.